rdMeshTools Manual version 1.20
Last Updated: 28th June 2023
Section 1: What does rdMeshTools do?
rdMeshTools is a UnrealEngine plug-in that adds tools to help make working with StaticMeshes quicker and easier.
- It has commands in the StaticMesh Editor to Scale/Rotate/Mirror and Change the Pivot of the raw Mesh
- It has commands in the Context Menus of the Content Browser for Bulk changing of the selected StaticMeshes Scale/Rotation/Mirror and Pivot Point – either with windows where you can specify the values, or quick access menu options with predefined values.
- It has commands from the world outliner and level menus for altering the meshes directly in your level
- There are tools for quickly removing or adding simple collision (box, capsule and ‘trunk’)
- There is a tool to quickly add complex collision from meshes with same name and “_col” suffixed at the end
- There are tools for creating new UV maps describing the spatial position of the current pixel
Section 2: The UI
There are three areas for using the rdMeshTools tools, you can edit straight from the StaticMesh Editor for single meshes – or you can select as many meshes as you want, then select the tools from the Context Menu that opens if you right-click. You can also select mesh actor instances in your level and right-click for a context menu there.
The following pages go through these menus explaining their uses: